The Hanover Fire Department was created to provide an organized way for the citizens of the District to protect themselves from the dangers of fire. As years have progressed, the duties of HFD have broadened to include areas such as fire prevention, medical, non-fire rescue, and responding to a variety of other hazardous situations when citizens don’t know where else to turn for help. It is important for everyone to know the mission and goals of HFD, so that as time goes by and we face new challenges, we won’t lose sight of why we are here.
Our Mission Statement
TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PROFESSIONAL FIRE PROTECTION AND EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE TO THE CITIZENS AND VISITORS TO THE HANOVER FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT.
The following are the goals of the HFD. These goals are statements of how we intend to carry out our mission statement, and what we want to accomplish.
- Provide fire prevention and protection equipment and trained personnel of the highest possible caliber.
- Understand and appreciate the concerns of the citizens we protect.
- Utilize our funding in the most prudent manner possible, to provide the most effective service possible with the most efficient use of money and other resources.
- Prepare ourselves to handle future emergencies while maintaining full preparedness to deal with hazards we already recognize.
- Involve the public in the operation of the HFD organization as much as possible, so they can share ownership in the responsibilities, duties, and rewards of being part of HFD.
Chief Carl Tatum